[R] howto import .xls and .ods

Abhijit Dasgupta adasgupt at mail.jci.tju.edu
Fri May 2 01:51:34 CEST 2008

I've written a little python script that converts ods and xls to csv,
and a wrapper in R that imports a sheet of the ods and/or xls into a
data.frame in R. If this is a FAQ and there is an existing solution, great.

Actually, for xls, the library gdata has a read.xls function that uses a
perl function underneath.

Abhijit Dasgupta, Ph.D
Assistant Professor | Division of Biostatistics
Dept of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics | Thomas Jefferson
University
1015 Chestnut St | Suite M100 | Philadelphia PA 19107
Ph: (215) 503-9201 | Fax: (215) 503-3804
adasgupt (at) mail (dot) jci (dot) tju (dot) edu
The documents accompanying this transmission may contain confidential
health or business information. This information is intended for the use
of the individual or entity named above. If you have received this
information in error, please notify the sender immediately and arrange
for the return or destruction of these documents.