[R] axis 1 and axis 2 margin

Peter Alspach PAlspach at hortresearch.co.nz
Fri May 2 05:55:04 CEST 2008

Chih Chu

I'm not sure what you mean.  The following shows the axes evenly spaced
for me (R 2.7.0 on Windows device):

plot(1:10, axes=F)
axis(1)
axis(2)
axis(3)
axis(4)
axis(1, c(1,10), c('',''), tck=0)
axis(2, c(1,10), c('',''), tck=0)
axis(3, c(1,10), c('',''), tck=0)
axis(4, c(1,10), c('',''), tck=0)

However, axis() does have the pos argument to allow one to change the
position at which the axis line is drawn.  See ?axis.

Peter Alspach