[R] mosaic plot of "vcd" package does not stretch with 2-dimension?

Sang Chul Choi choi at biology.rutgers.edu
Fri May 2 17:24:32 CEST 2008

Hi,

I like mosaic function of "vcd" package. I have played around it. I
have found out that mosaic plot  data table is 2-dimension does not
stretch when you enlarge a mosaic plot. It is okay when data table is
3 or more dimension. The first one is of 3-dimension table case, and
the second one is 2-dimension. With the first plot, you can drag
window to enlarge a plot. With the second, I cannot.

I have gone through the document, but I could not find any specific to
solve this problem.

Thank you,

Sang Chul

music = c(210, 194, 170, 110,
           190, 406, 730, 290)
dim(music) = c(2, 2, 2)
dimnames(music) = list(Age = c("Old", "Young"),
                        Education = c("High", "Low"),
                        Listen = c("Yes", "No"))
mosaic(music)

music = c(210, 194, 170, 110,
           190, 406, 730, 290)
dim(music) = c(2, 4)
dimnames(music) = list(Age = c("Old", "Young"),
                        Education = c("High", "Low", "Upper", "Lower"))
mosaic(music)