[R] mosaic plot of "vcd" package does not stretch with 2-dimension?

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Fri May 2 18:11:36 CEST 2008

On Fri, 2 May 2008, Sang Chul Choi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I like mosaic function of "vcd" package. I have played around it. I
> have found out that mosaic plot  data table is 2-dimension does not
> stretch when you enlarge a mosaic plot. It is okay when data table is
> 3 or more dimension. The first one is of 3-dimension table case, and
> the second one is 2-dimension. With the first plot, you can drag
> window to enlarge a plot. With the second, I cannot.

You need to set
  keep_aspect_ratio = FALSE
This is described on the man page for strucplot() (which is the workhorse
function behind mosaic()):

keep_aspect_ratio: logical indicating whether the aspect ratio should
          be fixed or not. If unspecified, the default is 'TRUE' for
          two-dimensional tables and 'FALSE' otherwise.

hth,