[R] my first post to the list

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri May 2 22:36:07 CEST 2008

Dear Rodrigo,

The model.matrix() function extracts the model matrix from the object
mod.duncan.hub. To see the contents of the model matrix, just print X
(i.e., enter X at the R command prompt). When you do this, you'll see
that the first column of X is the constant regressor, containing 1's.
The -1 in the subsequent model formula suppresses the column of 1s that
would otherwise be (redundantly) included by default.

A suggestion for posting to the r-help list: Use an informative subject
(e.g., "bootstrapping a regression model"): I almost missed your post.

I hope this helps,
 John