[R] Lattice problems / cannot load lattice

K. Elo maillists at nic.fi
Tue May 6 12:31:24 CEST 2008

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply :)

Prof Brian Ripley kirjoitti viestissään (06.05.2008):
> Try installing again by
>
> install.packages("lattice", .Library)
>
> (from an account with suitable privileges).

Tried (as root) - not working :(

> If that still fails, we need to see the output produced during
> installation.

Here we go:
----------
> install.packages("lattice", .Library)
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
trying
URL 'http://cran.ch.r-project.org/src/contrib/lattice_0.17-7.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 275240 bytes (268 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 268 Kb

* Installing *source* package 'lattice' ...
** libs
gcc -std=gnu99 -I/usr/lib64/R/include  -I/usr/local/include    -fpic  -g -O2 -c
init.c -o init.o
gcc -std=gnu99 -I/usr/lib64/R/include  -I/usr/local/include    -fpic  -g -O2 -c
threeDplot.c -o threeDplot.o
gcc -std=gnu99 -shared -L/usr/local/lib64 -o lattice.so init.o
threeDplot.o   -L/usr/lib64/R/lib -lR
** R
** data
**  moving datasets to lazyload DB
** demo
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'lattice'
     Formats: text html latex example
  Lattice                           text    html    latex   example
  Rows                              text    html    latex
  axis.default                      text    html    latex   example
  banking                           text    html    latex   example
  barchart.table                    text    html    latex   example
  barley                            text    html    latex   example
  cloud                             text    html    latex   example
  draw.colorkey                     text    html    latex
  draw.key                          text    html    latex
  environmental                     text    html    latex   example
  ethanol                           text    html    latex   example
  histogram                         text    html    latex   example
  interaction                       text    html    latex   example
  lattice.options                   text    html    latex   example
  latticeParseFormula               text    html    latex
  level.colors                      text    html    latex   example
  levelplot                         text    html    latex   example
  llines                            text    html    latex
  lset                              text    html    latex
  make.groups                       text    html    latex   example
  melanoma                          text    html    latex   example
  oneway                            text    html    latex
  packet.panel.default              text    html    latex   example
  panel.axis                        text    html    latex
  panel.barchart                    text    html    latex
  panel.bwplot                      text    html    latex   example
  panel.cloud                       text    html    latex
  panel.densityplot                 text    html    latex
  panel.dotplot                     text    html    latex
  panel.functions                   text    html    latex
  panel.histogram                   text    html    latex
  panel.levelplot                   text    html    latex
  panel.number                      text    html    latex
  panel.pairs                       text    html    latex
  panel.parallel                    text    html    latex
  panel.qqmath                      text    html    latex
  panel.qqmathline                  text    html    latex
  panel.stripplot                   text    html    latex
  panel.superpose                   text    html    latex
  panel.violin                      text    html    latex   example
  panel.xyplot                      text    html    latex   example
  prepanel.default                  text    html    latex
  prepanel.functions                text    html    latex
  print.trellis                     text    html    latex   example
  qq                                text    html    latex   example
  qqmath                            text    html    latex   example
  rfs                               text    html    latex   example
  shingles                          text    html    latex   example
  simpleKey                         text    html    latex
  simpleTheme                       text    html    latex   example
  singer                            text    html    latex   example
  splom                             text    html    latex   example
  strip.default                     text    html    latex   example
  tmd                               text    html    latex   example
  trellis.device                    text    html    latex
  trellis.object                    text    html    latex
  trellis.par.get                   text    html    latex   example
  update.trellis                    text    html    latex   example
  utilities.3d                      text    html    latex
  xyplot                            text    html    latex   example
** building package indices ...
* DONE (lattice)

The downloaded packages are in
        /tmp/RtmpGRdOpl/downloaded_packages
Updating HTML index of packages in '.Library'
-----

Cannot figure out what is going wrong. Hope You could help me.

Kind regards,
Kimmo

P.S. I will try to reinstall R and report if there are any changes.