[R] Problem with help system on linux

Agustin Lobo aloboaleu at gmail.com
Wed May 7 12:55:40 CEST 2008

Hi!

When I start the help system from within JGR,
I get a page stating that I have some
Packages in /usr/local/lib/R/site-library
and others in
/usr/lib/R/library

The problem is while I can have access to the help
info for the ones in /usr/local/lib/R/site-library,
when I try to access any pages of the ones
in /usr/lib/R/library (for example, base)
I get an error:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/tmp/RtmpIwDHQD/.R/library/base/html/00Index.html (No such file or
directory)
with lots of lines suach are:

Actually, the same happens if I start R without JGR and use
help.start(): I get a "file not found" at
file:///tmp/RtmpxKozFe/.R/library/base/html/00Index.html
if I select base,

while pages for rjava, for example, can be accessed on
file:///tmp/RtmpxKozFe/.R/library/rJava.1/html/00Index.html

I'm using:
platform       i486-pc-linux-gnu
arch           i486
os             linux-gnu
system         i486, linux-gnu
status
major          2
minor          7.0
year           2008
month          04
day            22
svn rev        45424
language       R
version.string R version 2.7.0 (2008-04-22)

I'd appreciate your help.

Agus
--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
email: Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster