[R] categorical data analysis

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed May 7 16:25:56 CEST 2008

"Greg Snow" <Greg.Snow at imail.org> wrote in
news:B37C0A15B8FB3C468B5BC7EBC7DA14CC60EDD50DBA at LP-EXMBVS10.CO.IHC.COM:

> The last example in ?fisher.test is not a 2x2 table, in fact it uses
> levels with a natural ordering similar to the original question.
> Why would this not be applicable to the situation?

Apologies. Clearly I misunderstood the R implementation. My parsing of
the fisher.test code (influenced by having just read the Campbell
article) lead me to erroneously conclude that it was only applicable to
2x2 tables. I see now that the error message says "_at_least_ 2 rows
and columns" and that the error check is an inquality.

--
David Winsemius