[R] RMySQL and R 2.7.0 - "Error in field.types$row.names : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors"

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Thu May 8 10:51:50 CEST 2008

Hi

when executin the following code, I get an "$ operator is invalid for
atomic vectors". I understand the meaning of the error (and have seen
the warnings in earlier R versions). My question is, is there an
updated version of RMySQL which deals with it, or is my on;ly option
to switch to RODBC (which I would not like to do as I am using Linux)?
If I have to use RODBC, how can I easily adapt the follolwing code?

Thanks

Rainer

> m <- dbDriver("MySQL")
> conn <- dbConnect(m, group = "test")
tblname <- "dummy"
> dat <- data.frame(n1=runif(10), n2=runif(10))
> dbWriteTable(
               conn,
               tblName,
               dat,
               overwrite=FALSE,
               append=TRUE
               )

Error in field.types$row.names : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors

Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Plant Conservation Unit
Department of Botany
University of Cape Town