[R] help with updating to R2.7

ravi rv15i at yahoo.se
Thu May 8 16:40:18 CEST 2008

Hi,
Ouch! That really hurt. But I get the point.
Here's what I did now. I copied all the package folders from R2.6, except for the R.css file, and copied them into the R2.7 folder.
In the process, I overwrote the common files that came with the installation of R2.7.
Here's the output that I obtained in R2.7 :
> library()
Error in unique.default(ans) :
  2 arguments passed to .Internal(unique) which requires 3
> update.packages(checkBuilt=TRUE, ask=FALSE)
Error: could not find function "update.packages"

My intention with my previous mail was to check and obtain confirmation on details like what I should do with the R.css file.
But I realise that I should have then restricted myself to that single question.
That way, I would not be wasting the valuable time of the R list experts, from whom I have received a lot of help previously.
After reading the FAQ once again, I am guessing that the problem could be a case of the internet downloading functions failing.
As suggested in the FAQ, I tried the following commands :
> "path_to_R\bin\Rgui.exe" http_proxy=http://gannet/ http_proxy_user=ask
Error: unexpected symbol in ""path_to_R\bin\Rgui.exe" http_proxy"
> "path_to_R\bin\Rgui.exe" http_proxy=http://user:pass@gannet:80/
Error: unexpected symbol in ""path_to_R\bin\Rgui.exe" http_proxy"
Should I run the above commands in R, or in the windows command window?

Thanking You,
Ravi