[R] MLE for noncentral t distribution

kate yhsu6 at uiuc.edu
Thu May 8 17:22:15 CEST 2008

Thanks for your quick reply.

I try the command as follows,

library(stats4) ## loading package stats4
ll <- function(change, ncp, df) {-sum(dt(x, ncp=ncp, df=df,
log=TRUE))}#-log-likelihood function
est<-mle(minuslog=ll, start=list(ncp=-0.3,df=2))

But the warnings appears as follows,

invalid class "mle" object: invalid object for slot "fullcoef" in class
"mle": got class "list", should be or extend class "numeric"

When I typed warnings(), I get

In dt(x, ncp = ncp, df = df, log = TRUE) :
  full precision was not achieved in 'pnt'

Does anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks,

Kate