[R] LaTeX in system()

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Thu May 8 18:38:22 CEST 2008

This is exactly the problem: apps launched through the Finder do not
go through the usual shell initialization process, where the PATH is
typically set up. The two solutions would be to either use the full
path to the command, or else start R.app from the Terminal, via the
command:

open -a R

If you start R.app this way, it will get the same path as your shell.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College