[R] help needed with rbftrain

Invernomuto tatullo at cs.unibo.it
Sat May 10 12:33:24 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,

I'm new to R. I'm trying to set up a Rbf network using the rbftrain function
but I get an error I can't understand.

this is what I type:

rbftrain(input,3,output,visual=F)

where input is a matrix with 198 rows and 6 columns and output is a matrix
with 198 rows and one column. Both matrices are missing values free. This is
what I get from R:

Error in kmeans(inp[, i], neurons) :
  more cluster centers than distinct data points.

I don't understand this. Moreover, I can actually train a rbf network with 2
neurons but not with 3 neurons. I'm sure I have far more than 3 distinct
data point both in "input" and in "output" so I don't get the meaning.

Can you please help me? Thank you so much everybody.

Invernomuto