[R] howto import .xls and .ods

Hans Ekbrand hans at sociologi.cjb.net
Sun May 11 22:45:11 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 07:35:37AM +0100, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> There is a *manual* on R Data Import/Export, not just an FAQ.
>
> This is the first request I have seen for .ods (whatever that is --

The most well-known application that uses this file format is the Calc
(Spreadsheet) part of the Open Office Suite.

Pasted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument

          OpenDocument Spreadsheet
Image:X
  File extension    .ods
                    application/vnd.
Internet media type oasis.opendocument.
                    spreadsheet
   Developed by     Sun Microsystems, OASIS
  Type of format    Spreadsheet
   Extended from    XML

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans at sociologi.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 1408 C8D5 1E7D 4C9C C27E 014F 7C2C 872A 7050 614E