[R] test

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Tue May 13 12:28:57 CEST 2008

On May 13, 2008, at 5:52 AM, Esmail Bonakdarian wrote:

> Tony Plate wrote:
>> You probably should check this section in your R-help subscription
>> options (via https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/options/r-help/, I think):
>>> Receive your own posts to the list?
>>

> Tony,
>
> Like jt I too have it set to receive my own messages, but I too
> don't see them. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that both
> of us use gmail to post to the list?

Bingo! Well, I don't know if this happens with the web interface to
gmail, but if you use POP to access your gmail account, then any
emails you send to any kind of list will not get back to you (Problem
being, sort of, that gmail groups things in "Conversations", and in
this case will remember the email you sent out and use that copy in
the conversation, instead of the one sent through the list. Not a
very good excuse in my opinion, and a particularly irritating
"feature".). I wouldn't really expect them to "fix" it any time soon.

In the rare occasions  where my waiting powers get exhausted before
someone on this very helpful list replies to my email, I just use the
online archives to check whether my email was sent or not.

> In any case, regardless if we see them, they are getting posted,
> which is what matters :)
>
> Cheers,
> Esmail

Haris Skiadas