[R] How to get predicted marginal (aka predicted mean) after multinomial logistic?

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue May 13 12:59:33 CEST 2008

Dear monogift,

effect() doesn't currently handle mulinom objects. You'll find a paper, some
functions, and some example code at
<http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox/Misc/polytomous-effect-displays/index.html>
for effect displays for multinomial and proportional odds logit models, with
standard errors computed by the delta method. A plan to incorporate this
code in the effects package is nearly complete, but for the time being,
you'll have to set up the displays yourself, as in the examples.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor
Department of Sociology