[R] mfrow

Steven McKinney smckinney at bccrc.ca
Wed May 14 04:30:13 CEST 2008

Hi Gusanto,

"cex" (for character expansion) arguments
can do some of what you want.

See if the cex arguments in the first three
plots do what you want.

See help for plot.default
> ?plot.default
and ?par for some discussion of cex arguments.

pdf("testmfrow.pdf")
par(mfrow=c(4,2))

x<-seq(1:10)
y1<-rnorm(10)
y2<-rnorm(10,mean=2,sd=1)
y3<-rnorm(10,mean=3,sd=1)
y4<-rnorm(10,mean=4,sd=1)
y5<-rnorm(10,mean=5,sd=1)
y6<-rnorm(10,mean=6,sd=1)
y7<-rnorm(10,mean=7,sd=1)
y8<-rnorm(10,mean=8,sd=1)

plot(x,y1,type='o', lty=1, main="I want this title is to be scaled down
(resized)", cex.main = 0.3)
plot(x,y2,type='o', lty=2, main="I want this title is to be scaled down
(resized)", cex = 0.1)
plot(x,y3,type='o', lty=3, main="I want this title is to be scaled down
(resized)", cex.axis = 0.1)
plot(x,y4,type='o', lty=4, main="I want this title is to be scaled down
(resized)")
plot(x,y5,type='o', lty=5, main="I want this title is to be scaled down
(resized)")
plot(x,y6,type='o', lty=6, main="I want this title is to be scaled down
(resized)")
plot(x,y7,type='o', lty=7, main="I want this title is to be scaled down
(resized)")
plot(x,y8,type='o', lty=8, main="I want this title is to be scaled down
(resized)")

dev.off()

Best

Steven McKinney

I want to create 8 graphs and write it into one page using mfrow=c(4,2).
How to make all graphs (including the titles, legends, line types) to be
scale down (resized proportionally).
As an illustration, below is the code:

[...]

Many thanks for any help/idea.

Gusanto