[R] R benchmarking program

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed May 14 13:10:58 CEST 2008

    PhGr> Hello,
    PhGr> I did this bechmark test. Perhaps is it a good oppotunity to rewrite it
    PhGr> and make it compatible with R 2.7.0, David?

    MM> I'll not really rewrite it (to make it "nice" in my eyes),
    MM> but I'm fixing the problems with the fact that the 'Matrix'
    MM> package you were using back then has been much changed in the
    MM> mean time.

    MM> Expect a corrected benchmark R script within a day or so.

Here, it is {attachament in 'text/plain' which is allowed for R-help}

Note that I *do* agree with Prof. Brian Ripley about the
usefulness of benchmarks.

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich