[R] Heatmap.2 - eliminate cluster and dendrogram

Peter Scacheri peter.scacheri at case.edu
Wed May 14 18:40:01 CEST 2008

Using the heatmap.2 function, I am trying to generate a heatmap of a
2 column x 500 row matrix of numeric values.  I would like the 1st
column of the matrix sorted from the highest to the lowest values -
so that the colors reflected in the first column of the heatmap (top
to bottom) go from red to green.

After sorting the matrix (z), I tried the following command, but the
data remains clustered.

heatmap.2((z),col=greenred(100),dendrogram=NULL,Rowv=FALSE)

I also tried the following, but the data remained clustered.

heatmap.2((z),col=greenred(100),Colv=1:ncol(z))

ANY IDEAS??
Thanks so much,
Peter