[R] Getting JRI/rJava to work

john seers (IFR) john.seers at bbsrc.ac.uk
Fri May 16 14:06:14 CEST 2008

Hello

>Trying to run R in a non-existent locale (or at least in a charset
iconv() does not understand).
>However, your example (with suitably modified paths) does work for me
in apparently the same locale, so > I cannot debug it for you.

Thank you for trying. I do not understand the non-existent locale and
iconv() you mention. JRI calls R and I do not know how it does it.
Perhaps that is the problem and a clue for where I should look.

>I do think the R posting guide clearly indicates this as off-topic for
R-help -- it is a non-R
>programming issue involving a contributed package.

Sorry if it is off topic. I was not sure, so I took the middle road of
posting to R-help and the package owner.

Regards

John Seers