[R] Box.test degrees of freedom

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 16 21:15:36 CEST 2008

Bear in mind that Box.test knows nothing about p or q: it says

      Compute the Box-Pierce or Ljung-Box test statistic for examining
      the null hypothesis of independence in a given time series.

I think you are referring to its application to the residuals of an
ARMA(p, q) fit, and that is not what Box.test says it does.

It is very easy to edit the code if you want to use a different degrees of
freedom.