[R] R package building

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri May 16 21:17:09 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 2:20 PM, Doran, Harold <HDoran at air.org> wrote:
> Wow, this is going open a can :) OK, my comments below in no way
> discount the enormous efforts of R core, but it is my experience.
>
> Using Windows, the biggest obstacles are collecting all programs needed
> to build the package and then structuring your OS path exactly (exactly)
> as D. Murdoch says it needs to be.

If you use the latest Rcmd.bat from batchfiles (and also the latest rtools
which it requires) then you don't have to change your path at all.  With
just a vanilla PATH place Rcmd.bat from the batchfiles distribution
anywhere in your PATH and build the package as usual.
There is more info on the home page:

http://batchfiles.googlecode.com