[R] labels in multiple plot

Bruno C. bruno.c at inwind.it
Mon May 19 21:48:40 CEST 2008

Yep sorry
I need to use the legend command but am not so good at:
Given this pseudo-code:
point_type<-c("black","gray20","red"....)
for (i in 1:dim(m)[1]) {
                 par(pch=(18+i))
                 par(fg=point_type[i])
                 plot(m[i,], type='b', ylim = c(lower, upper), type = "l", ...)
                 legend( ???? , legend=rownames(m)[i] ,pch=(18+i)
                 par(new=T)
         }
I want a singlebox appear in the plot, containing the legend; each line of the legend contains the pch and a name

Thanx