[R] [slightly off topic] Sweave with markdown

baptiste Auguié ba208 at exeter.ac.uk
Sat May 24 15:00:06 CEST 2008

Thank you all, I think I have a good list of options now.

The best suited to my personal taste seems to be the Brew package,
which I completely overlooked until I looked at the source examples.
If I can persuade my text editor (textmate) to recognize the markup
and also execute the R chunks, I'll have my dream workflow: a single
text file with both text (in a lightweight, email friendly markup),
and the R commands together. The MultiMarkdown extension allows me to
convert the brewed file into whatever output one could wish for:
LaTeX, Html, pdf, rtf,... I'll probably be using the html conversion
for routine work, and the LaTeX one when a clean printed version is
needed. The use of dev.copy or some similar command should make easy
the creation of both bitmap and vector versions of the graphs if needed.

Thanks again everyone!

baptiste