[R] select a range od distributions for simulation experiment

maiya maja.zaloznik at gmail.com
Mon May 26 03:09:16 CEST 2008

Sorry if this is a bit of topic but I was wondering if there was any standard
set of distributions /and parameters that can be used in a simulation
experiment to sort of cover all the bases? I basically need to run a
simulation using a series of distribtions with the same mean, but covering a
whole range of extremes: uniform and normal of course, but then also some
with extreme outliers, a bimodal one etc. What  would be the most sensible
way to go about the selection of a set of (e.g. 10, 20) distributions to
sample from?
Hope this makes sense and thanks!
Maia