[R] create frequency table

T.D.Rudolph prairie.picker at gmail.com
Tue May 27 03:58:43 CEST 2008

I haven't quite been able to grasp how to use "hist" to create frequency
tables so I have decided it will be easier to make my own.

I have a list of numeric data, x, from 0 to 30:
x <- sample(0:30, 100)

I've created an object containing the bins I would like frequency counts by:
z <- as.matrix(seq(from=0, to=30, by=1))

I would now like to create a new column in z containing counts of all values
in x less than or equal to [m,1], thereby allowing me to conduct further
modifications.  My intuition tells me this is not that difficult but I lack
the programming prowess.

Does anyone have a solution?