[R] vignette help

Paul Roebuck plroebuck at mdanderson.org
Tue May 27 19:08:01 CEST 2008

Could someone please point me to where information about
the two entries %\VignetteDepends{} and %\VignettePackage{}
are documented?

I'm getting an error with %\VignetteDepends{} with my
package name in braces. Looking at the vignettes on my
system, some include the package name and some don't.
Should it be there? If so, why might I be getting an error
doing so?

$ R CMD check SuperCurve
* checking for working pdflatex ... OK
* using log directory '/Users/paulr/Projects/supercurve/SuperCurve.Rcheck'
* using R version 2.7.0 Patched (2008-05-20 r45743)
* using session charset: ASCII
* checking for file 'SuperCurve/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* this is package 'SuperCurve' version '0.9999'
* checking package name space information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Vignette dependencies not required:
  SuperCurve
Vignette dependencies (\VignetteDepends{} entries) must be contained in
the DESCRIPTION Depends/Suggests/Imports entries.

See the information on DESCRIPTION files in the chapter 'Creating R
packages' of the 'Writing R Extensions' manual.

supercurveVig.Rmw
%\VignetteIndexEntry{RPPA Primer, ver 0.9999}
%\VignetteKeywords{Preprocessing, Lysate Arrays}
%\VignetteDepends{SuperCurve}
%\VignettePackage{SuperCurve}
\documentclass{article}