[R] Assistance in installing R

apjaworski at mmm.com apjaworski at mmm.com
Tue May 27 20:31:05 CEST 2008

My Linux is pretty rusty, but I think the error message means what is says:
you do not have readline header (*.h) and library files.  They usually
reside in readline-devel package if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps,

Andy

__________________________________
Andy Jaworski
518-1-01
Process Laboratory
3M Corporate Research Laboratory
-----
E-mail: apjaworski at mmm.com
Tel:  (651) 733-6092
Fax:  (651) 736-3122

             Stan Horwitz
             <stan at temple.edu>
             r-help-bounces at r-         r-help at r-project.org
             project.org                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             05/27/2008 01:11          Re: [R] Assistance in installing R
             PM

On May 27, 2008, at 12:45 PM, ctu wrote:

> Hi,
> I don't have any problem to install the R 2.7.0 in XP and windows
> Vista.
> I download R 2.7.0 from http://cran.cnr.berkeley.edu/
> You could try it again.
>
> If you still have a problem to install it. You might want to consult
> with your department PC administrator who has the password to
> unblock the restrictions of PC.
> Hopefully, this helps.

I should have provided more details. The server is a 64-bit AMD box
running Suse 9 Linux. I am the system administrator. I am trying to
install the source code, but when I do the ./configure step, I get the
following error as follows:

configure: error: --with-readline=yes (default) and headers/libs are
not available

If anyone knows how to fix this issue, please let me know.