[R] postscript

Antonio.Gasparrini at lshtm.ac.uk Antonio.Gasparrini at lshtm.ac.uk
Wed May 28 19:41:16 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to save a graph as a .ps file to include it in a LaTex
presentation, but R replies:

Error: Invalid font type
In addition: Warning messages:
1: font family not found in PostScript font database
2: font family not found in PostScript font database

If I load the package grDevices and type "postscript()" then I can save
it, but it creates also a text file saying:

%%[ Warning: Helvetica not found, using Font Substitution. Font cannot
be embedded.]%%
%%[ Warning: Helvetica-Bold not found, using Font Substitution. Font
cannot be embedded.]%%

If I open it, I can see that it has changed the font, and often the
text doesn't match the boundaries.

Can you help me?
Thanks a lot

Antonio Gasparrini
Public and Environmental Health Research Unit (PEHRU)
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Office: 0044 (0)20 79272406 - Mobile: 0044 (0)79 64925523
http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/people/gasparrini.antonio (
http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/pehru/ )