[R] Writing intermediate analysis to disk

Moshe Olshansky m_olshansky at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 01:34:55 CEST 2008

Hi Stephen,

Have you looked at 'save' and 'load'?

As far as I understand, to really release the memory
you need to close R, so you may try to write a script
(shell script on Unix, batch file on Windows) which
invokes Rcmd to load the data, make an iteration and
save the result, so that R dies between subsequent
calls to Rcmd. I have never used this but I believe
that this shouldn't be too difficult.