[R] "Levels" error after printing

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Thu May 29 17:15:42 CEST 2008

Gundala Viswanath <gundalav <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> After running this code (attaches is the input file):
>
> dat <- read.table("gene_prob.txt", sep = "\t")
> n <- length(dat$V1)
> print(n)
> print(dat$V1)
>
> I get this print out.

> [8541] LOC552889     GPR15         SLC2A11       GRIP2         SGEF
> [8546] PIK3IP1       RPS27         AQP7
> 8548 Levels: 3.8-1 A2M A4GALT A4GNT AAAS AAK1 AAMP AANAT AARSD1 AASS
> ... hCG_1730474
>
> What's the meaning of the last line? Is it an error?

Why should this be an error? I found hCG_173047 in your data set. For problem
like this, try to locate the culprit be reducing the data set: first take the
first half, then, if no error, the second, recursively. And please, don't post
these huge sets again before having reduced the problem to the minimum.

Dieter