[R] In fact this is a Stats question, but... "The return."

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Thu May 29 17:52:12 CEST 2008

eesteves at ualg.pt wrote:
> *Thanks* all those who took the time to help me (even if the
> "question" was not related to - the use of - R).
>
> Now I think I can soundly make my point w/ the referee (can I use your
> replies? If so I intend to properly cite its use?!?).
In general, I think it is best not to cite this kind of replies, at
least not in publications. Steve E's note is a bit of an eye-opener in
that regard: There could in fact be serious problems in your analysis
without respondents realizing it (e.g., you could have 1700 larvae, but
they came from only 10 batches of eggs with a strong within-batch
correlation). Judging from the text below I wouldn't expect that this is
the case, but the risk is there. The general problem is that it is very
difficult to give credit without also assigning some level of
responsibility.

    -pd