[R] Bimodal Distribution

Mike Williams mikewilliams at leppertassociates.com
Fri May 30 00:05:29 CEST 2008

Hello R Users,

I am doing a Latin Hypercube type simulation. I have found the
improvedLHS function and have used it to generate a bunch of properly
distributed uniform probabilities. Now I am using functions like qlnorm
to transform that into the appropriately lognormal or triangularly
distributed parameters for my modes. However I have a parameter which I
believe is bimodally distributed, could someone please point me at an
appropriate function equivalent to qlnorm which I can use, because for
some reason I have been unable to find one. It occurs to me that maybe
one doesn't exist, in which case could someone give me some other idea
of how to accomplish this goal?

Thanks,

Mike