[R] Hidden line algorithms and a different kind of waterfall

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 20:27:09 CET 2008

this is a short time fourier transform?  Why not use wavelet
transforms that are compactly supported?  The wavelet transform
(morlet for instance) has a well know relationship between time and
scale, and doesn't rely on stationarity of the signal where as the
fourier transform does.  My signal processing skills are a little
rusty, so please correct me if I am wrong.