[R] R newbie: how to replace string/regular expression

Krishna Dagli krishna.dagli at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 17:51:32 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 3:36 AM, Gabor Grothendieck
<ggrothendieck at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did provide a link to that solution already but also wanted to
> show how to do it in the same way that the code in the question
> was written.

Thanks for pointing me in right direction, both solutions are wonderful.
Yes I made a mistake for 100k.

I have one doubt though, how does one locate packages that's
available for specific task (like this one). Does one look at package
index (http://cran.cnr.berkeley.edu/web/packages/index.html).
or is there any other trick?

I tried "help.search("string")" and also looked at help.start()
but I think it just displays whats available on my machine.

Regards and Thanks
Krishna