[R] writing R extensions

micha_ michael_dannemann at eva.mpg.de
Tue Nov 4 16:14:16 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm working on a package and got some problems. After I've done R CMD check
and build I get the package.tar.gz which I can install under Linux without
any problems. Now I wanted to have a Windows version. I heard that I only
have to zip the package folder. That worked once, but now the package can't
be installed. I got 1 warning while I did R CMD check, and this was 1 not
documented dataset, but it was also already in the old version that worked.
So is there anything I have to take care of for the Windows version? Or is
there a way to check what happend. The error message in Windows is this:

> utils:::menuInstallLocal()
updating HTML package descriptions
> library(mask)
Error in library(mask) :
  'mask' is not a valid package -- installed < 2.0.0?

Can anybody help me with this?

Michael