[R] ESS Toolbar missing after Ubuntu Update

Bill Pikounis billpikounis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 18:50:03 CET 2008

Andreas,
I am late with this but in case it might help, I installed Ubuntu 8.10
this weekend and used "apt-get install emacs"  and "apt-get install
ess" to place Emacs version 22.2.1 and ess 5.3.9. Simple tests seemed
to indicate that menus come up, R files load, and code could be
executed, as expected.

I did however have to point to /hardy repositories for my CRAN mirror,
since the /intrepid directory was at R version 2.7.1, at least as of
this past Sunday Nov 2 ET USA.

Hope that helps,
Bill

Bill Pikounis