[R] 2^2 factorial design question

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Nov 7 10:51:43 CET 2008

On 07-Nov-08 00:53:56, Edna Bell wrote:
> Dear R Gurus:
>
> How do you put together a 2^2 (or even 2^k) factorial problem, please?

I'm not clear about what you mean here, especially about "put together"!
Can you describe what you want to end up with in more detail?

> Since you have 2 levels for A and B, do you put in "A+" and "A-" as
> factors, please?

In any case, I would not use the names "A+" and "A-", since this
provides too many opportunities for expressions involving these
to be interpreted as arithmetic operations. Better, and safer,
to use names "A1" and "A0", say.

Best wishes,
Ted.

> Thanks,