[R] Variable passed to function not used in function in select=... in subset

Berwin A Turlach berwin at maths.uwa.edu.au
Tue Nov 11 11:05:50 CET 2008

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:49:31 +0100
Wacek Kusnierczyk <Waclaw.Marcin.Kusnierczyk at idi.ntnu.no> wrote:

> (for whatever reason a user may choose to have a column named '-b')

For whatever reason, people also jump from bridges.  Does that mean
all bridges have an inherently flawed design and should be abolished?

Wait, then we would only have level crossing and some people, for
whatever reason, think it is a good idea to race trains to level
crossings.  Gee, we better abolish them too since they are such a bad
design.

Cheers,

	Berwin

Berwin A Turlach                            Tel.: +65 6516 4416 (secr)
Dept of Statistics and Applied Probability        +65 6516 6650 (self)
Faculty of Science                          FAX : +65 6872 3919
National University of Singapore
6 Science Drive 2, Blk S16, Level 7          e-mail: statba at nus.edu.sg
Singapore 117546                    http://www.stat.nus.edu.sg/~statba