[R] Manipulation in timeSeries object:how to use the function "applySeries" by daily?

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 18:04:48 CET 2008

Take a look at xts, a time series class that extends zoo and is compatible
(forward and backwards) with all major time-series classes, including
timeSeries from Rmetrics.

It has a few functions that may be of interest:

?endpoints
?period.apply

It may also be useful to use the Fortran-based aggregation by time functions
to turn your series into an OHLC series.

See ?to.period

quantmod also has a ?periodReturn function that may be of interest.

Some examples of all the above can be found at  http://www.quantmod.com
http://www.quantmod.com

HTH
Jeff