[R] GAM and Poisson distribution

Simon Wood s.wood at bath.ac.uk
Mon Nov 17 10:40:15 CET 2008

Sally,

Is Kept.CPUE discrete valued? If it isn't then the poisson family won't like
it, and it would be better to use quasipoisson, if the variance proportional
to mean is the right assumption. (mgcv 1.5 includes a Tweedie family, which
would be an alternative, but it's not ready for release yet).

best,
Simon