[R] Gmane-interface

Oliver Bandel oliver at first.in-berlin.de
Mon Nov 17 11:08:19 CET 2008

Zitat von David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net>:

[...]
> When I used the URL you offered to the Gmane website, both the RSS
> feeds and the web interface links were as current as Gmane ever is.
> Furthermore when I also look at the link entitled "Original list
> archive", it too is also up-to-date.
[...]

Yes, the original-lists's archive is not only up to date, it's also
quite fast!

> You seem to have managed to
> choose the only link on the entire Gmane r.general  page that has an
> out-of-date archive.

OK, so you see it's the link, not me handling my browser wrong...

> It appears to be a link that is under the
> control
> of neither Gmane nor R-help. What can I say?

You could say: it would make sense for the r-cran people to change that
webpage, so that other people will find a link to a working archive.

> Patient: Doctor,  it hurts when I hit my hand with a hammer.
> Doctor: Then don't do that.

This comparison is nonense.

One should change the link on the webpage, or completely throw it out of
the page.

It seems, at this R-mailing list some poeple are somehow arrogant and
ignorant,
not looking for doing things better.

Ciao,
   Oliver