[R] Cannot quit R - fame package issue?

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 17 23:49:55 CET 2008

To solve the immediate problem of quitting R, you could try to define
a dummy of the missing function, e.g.

validServerIsRunning <- function(...) FALSE;

and then quit().  This does of course ignore any potential problems of
not "finalizing" the 'fame' package correctly.  Alternatively, since
the 'fame' package is not in your sessionInfo(), it might be that you
have a local copy of its .Last() in the global environment.  If so,
maybe rm(.Last) is enough before quit():ing.

My $.02

/Henrik