[R] Nonlinear restrictions in systemfit

Arne Henningsen arne.henningsen at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 20 11:41:40 CET 2008

On Thursday 20 November 2008 09:55:03, soetzel wrote:
> I want to implement a structural model with the package systemfit with some
> linear and nonlinear constraints.
>
> How to implement linear restrictions is clear.
>
> Does anybody know how to set up nonlinear restrictions in the systemfit
> packages.
>
> For example:
>
> beta1 = beta2-(beta4/beta6)

Non-linear restrictions cannot be imposed in the systemfit() function. However,
they can be imposed when the function nlsystemfit() is used (e.g. by replacing
all "beta1" by "beta2-(beta4/beta6)"). Unfortunately, the nlsystemfit()
function is still under development and has convergence problems rather often.
You are invited to help us improving nlsystemfit -- you can get write access to
the source code on R-Forge ;-)

Best wishes,
Arne

--