[R] Identify command in R

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 21:55:40 CET 2008

2008/11/20 David Kaplan <dkaplan at education.wisc.edu>:
> Hi all,
>
> In using the identify command, I get the following message
>
>> plot(hatvalues(scireg3))
>> abline(h=.0154,lty=2) # plots a reference line at (k + 1)/n
>> identify(1:1165, hatvalues(scireg3),row.names(sciach))
>
> Error in xy.coords(x, y) : 'x' and 'y' lengths differ
>

> which doesn't allow me to see the observation number when I scroll over with
> the mouse.  What exactly is this problem and is there a way to override it?

 I'll have a wild guess at this and say maybe its a possibility that
the lengths of x and y differ.

 We don't know what scireg3 and sciach are. Or what hatvalues does.
Check the lengths of the things you are passing to identify().

 You are probably doing something like this:

  > plot(1:10,1:10)
  > identify(1:10,1:9,letters[1:10])

oops. change the 9 to a 10 and it works.

Barry