[R] How to draw following plot in R?

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Nov 22 14:12:20 CET 2008

2008/11/22 RON70 <ron_michael70 at yahoo.com>:

> I want to draw following plot, given here
> http://www.2shared.com/file/4327128/830b82c4/pic.html
> for the following data :
>
> dat <- cbind(rnorm(100), sample(c(1:4), 1000, T))
> colnames(dat) <- c("data","level")
>
> Here x-axis should be on "data" and y-axis is for "level" and z-axis should
> be to display the frequency of "data" for a particular "level"
>
> Is there any R code(s) to doing that?

 I'm pretty sure there's no code for doing it in character graphics
like in your image link!

 Something similar can be found in the R graph gallery:

  http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/RGraphGallery.php?graph=116

 Or if you want an interactive spinny 3d-histogram, get the rgl
package and look at demo(hist3d). See:

 http://rgl.neoscientists.org/gallery.shtml

 Those links should get you started. If you really do want ascii
character graphics...well, I think you're on your own....

Barry