[R] Is this correct?

Daniel Malter daniel at umd.edu
Mon Nov 24 08:35:34 CET 2008

Bill is right. Generally, a more appropriate type of question to the list
would, for example, be: I want to run OLS. What is the function to do it in
R (although this is a particularly stupid example as it is on the first
pages of almost all manuals)? You would typically write to the R list if you
want to get a certain thing done and can't get it done (assuming that it is
not homework!). The main difference to your question being that you already
know what the "thing" is (which, in your case, is your modeling question).

Therefore your question is generally not one that anybody here should
answer. You as the researcher determine which relationships are of interest
and which make sense. You should consult the tutor/TA of your class if you
have any questions what the relationships of interest are. S/he is getting
paid to help you. Go there and say: Here are my ideas...what do you think?
Second, if you are required to do this in R, they should give you materials
to learn R from, respectively they should teach you R. Further, there are
numerous sources/manuals out there from which to learn the basics of R. And
they are free as R is. Just google them.

Cheers,
Daniel

cuncta stricte discussurus