[R] How can I access the list argument within a "for" function call

Mike Rowe mwrowe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 21:34:12 CET 2008

It looks to me like what I want to do isn't possible.  I've been
reading the "R Language Definition" manual more, and have realized
that the "for" function  is a .Primitive, not an enclosure.  This
means that its arguments are passed by value, so I don't think it is
possible to access them from within the body of the function.  The-
work around for what I wanted to do works, so it doesn't much
matter.

Just didn't want to waste anybody's time trying to answer this...

Thanks,
Mike