[R] how to plot and save plots in batch mode

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Tue Nov 25 17:00:57 CET 2008

Why not just plot all your graphs directly to a file rather than sending them to a windows device that you are not looking at, then copying from there.  The pdf and postscript devices will hold several plots in a single file, or the png device (and others) will automatically create 1 file per graph and you can either set the name for each, or use a set of sequential names.  This should be easier, more straight forward, and more portable.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center