[R] Query regarding an error while using SEGMENTED (V0.2-4)

IWASAKI, Yuichi yuichiwsk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 17:03:13 CET 2008

Dear All,

Currently I'm using the "segmented" package. While using the package,
(i.e segmented - version 0.2-4) to investigate a possible change point
(around X = 2) in my data, I had the following error message:

dat00<-read.table("data.txt",header=T)
library(segmented)
glm.Y<-glm(Y~X,data=dat00)
seg.Y<-segmented.glm(glm.Y,seg.Z=~X,psi=2)

Error in segmented.glm(glm.Y, seg.Z = ~X, psi = 2)
 (Some) estimated psi out of its range

The used data are attached in this mail for your reference. I have
tried my best using many modifications to avoid this error, but it
couldn't be. However, data seems to have a breakpoint around 2. I'm
requesting you to give me some advice to avoid the error.

Thanks in advance,

Yuichi Iwasaki
Yuichi IWASAKI
Graduate School of Environment and Information Sciences,
Yokohama National University